One of the nation’s top naturopathic oncology specialists is right here in Alaska, available to you at Advanced Oncology Associates!
Dr. Harmon works at the Alaska Cyberknife Center within AOA and at Avante Medical Center, providing integrative cancer support for patients undergoing cancer treatment as well as those who have completed their cancer therapy. His 19 years of experience, in integrative oncology, enables patients’ access to up to date information on “alternative” and integrative cancer therapies that have been researched worldwide. The goal is to provide support to thrive during treatment and rebuild after and for those living with cancer, to optimize health and improve one’s quality of life.
- Dr. Harmon will take a complete look at your health and incorporate safe and effective suggestions to thrive during and after treatment.
- Many alternative and integrative therapies should not be taken during treatment, but rather should be reserved for after therapy. Dr. Harmon will cover what is safe to take during and what is best taken when treatment is concluded.
- Please bring in all your supplements and alternative therapies to your appointment. Dr. Harmon will go through each one and describe their function and appropriate dose.
- You are welcome to bring family or friends and/or record the appointments.
- Dr. Harmon will work closely with your entire oncology team to provide comprehensive, head to toe care.
Dr. Harmon is available for an appointment during or after cancer treatment at the Alaska Cyberknife Center and Avante Medical Center.
Dr. Harmon’s background:
Dr. Harmon is a Naturopathic Doctor who graduated from Bastyr University as a Naturopathic Primary Care Physician. He has been board certified in Naturopathic Oncology for over 12 years. He is a fourth generation Alaskan who returned to practice in 1999. Since that time, he has been providing family practice care with a specialty in integrative cancer therapy. The last 8 years Dr. Harmon has worked in clinical trials in infectious disease to bring new medicines to market. He co-founded the national Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians. It was the first board certification established in the profession. He also co-founded Avante Medical Center, LLC in 2002. Dr. Harmon continues to work at Avante Medical Center and recently joined the Advanced Oncology Associates and The Alaska Cyberknife team in June 2018. Dr. Harmon’s expertise will add an additional layer of integrative, comprehensive care to the patients seen at Advanced Oncology Associates and The Alaska Cyberknife Center.